42nd Annual Disaster Response Auction
Saturday, May 6, 2023
Carroll County Agricultural Center
706 Agricultural Center Drive
Westminster, MD 21157
Thank you for your support of the Mid Atlantic District Disaster Response Auction. If you have not advertised in the booklet previously we invite you to consider doing so this year. Plan to attend the auction and enjoy the day.
Terms: cash, check, or credit card; ATM machine located in Shipley Arena. Your purchase has purpose. Auction proceeds go to the Church of the Brethren Emergency Disaster Response Fund to send trained volunteers to help disaster victims with child care and to repair and rebuild after natural disasters that occur within the United States. Overseas relief includes food, water, shelter and medicine. For more information call 443-960-3052.
In 2022, following the auction on May 7, $73,000 was given to the Emergency Disaster Fund of the Church of the Brethren to help victims recover from many disasters all around our world.
You can support Disaster Response in various ways:
• Donate as a Patron, Supporter or Sustainer for as little as $10 and get your name printed with your church in the Auction booklet.
• Purchase church, business, or personal ad space in the Auction booklet Full page ($160 black/$200 color), Half Page ($85 black/$105 color), Third Page ($60 black/$75 color) and Eighth Page ($25 black/$35 color). Check with your church office for info.
• Make quilts, comforters and wall hangings or other handcrafts to sell.
• Donate special items such as high quality woodwork, paintings and artwork. Antiques, furniture and collectibles also are a valuable donation.
• Encourage your church group or children’s Sunday School class to collect items to make special gift baskets, school bags full of new books, etc. to auction off. Get creative!
• Contribute a gift certificate from your business for the auction.
• Donate quality auction items (value of $10 or more) such as craft items, food, baked goods, flower and vegetable plants, trees and shrubs for booth sales.
• Groups and individuals can sponsor special events such as plays, dinners, and musical presentations to raise and provide monetary gifts to the auction.
• Volunteer to help at the Auction.
– Decide now how you can help!
During 2022 the Emergency Disaster Fund supported these efforts and more:
|• Winter Tornado Relief
• Ukraine War and Refugee Crisis
• Haiti Earthquake Response
• Tennessee Flooding Response
• Rwanda Church of the Brethren
• Florida Hurricane Response
• South Sudan Mission
• Church of the Brethren in the Congo
• Kentucky Tornado Response
|• Nigeria Flood Response
• Uvalde, Texas, School Shooting Response
• Syrian Refugee and Economic Crisis in Lebanon
• Uganda Flood and Landslide Relief
• Puerto Rico Hurricane Response
• L’Arche International—Displaced Ukrainians with Disabilities
• Honduras Hurricanes Response
• Venezuela Flood and Landslide Relief
• National Youth Conference School Kit Service Project