38th Annual Disaster Response Auction
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Carroll County Agricultural Center
700 Agricultural Center Drive
Westminster, MD 21157
Since 1981, the first Saturday in May has marked the annual Mid-Atlantic Disaster Response Auction. There is no admission charged for this annual event that is open to the public and features three auctions, plants, crafts, food and baked goods, books, and white elephant table.
9am Outside Auction: tools, lawn and garden, household and general items
9:30am Special Items Auction: including antiques and collectibles, art and jewelry
10am Food booths open; child care available 10am-2pm
12pm Quilt and Comforter Auction
Terms: cash, check, or credit card; ATM machine located in Shipley Arena.
Your purchase has purpose. Auction proceeds go to the Church of the Brethren Emergency Disaster Response Fund to send trained volunteers to help disaster victims with child care and to repair and rebuild after natural disasters that occur within the United States. Overseas relief includes food, water, shelter and medicine.For more information call 443-960-3052.
In 2017, $60,000 was given to the Emergency Disaster Fund of the Church of the Brethren to help victims recover from many disasters all around our world.
You can support Disaster Response in various ways:
- Donate as a Patron, Supporter or Sustainer for as little as $10 and get your name printed with your church in the Auction booklet.
- Purchase church, business, or personal ad space in the Auction booklet – Full page ($150), Half Page ($75), Third Page ($50) and Eighth Page ($25). Check with your church office for info.
- Make quilts, comforters and wall hangings or other handcrafts to sell.
- Donate special items such as high quality woodwork, paintings and artwork. Antiques, furniture and collectibles also are a valuable donation.
- Encourage your church group or children’s Sunday School class to collect items to make special gift baskets, school bags full of new books, etc. to auction off. Get creative!
- Contribute a gift certificate from your business for the auction.
- Donate quality auction items (value of $10 or more) such as craft items, food, baked goods, flower and vegetable plants, trees and shrubs for booth sales.
- Groups and individuals can sponsor special events such as plays, dinners, and musical presentations to raise and provide monetary gifts to the auction.
- Volunteer to help at the Auction.
– Decide now how you can help!
During 2017 the Emergency Disaster Fund supported these efforts and more:
- EYN response to violence in Nigeria
- Hurricane Harvey response in Texas (CWS)
- CDS Hurricane Harvey response in Texas
- Hurricane Irma and Maria response in Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Matthew response in South Carolina
- Hurricane Matthew response in Haiti
- Drought in Kenya (CWS)
- South Sudan Mission
- Flooding rebuild response in West Virginia
- Flooding rebuild response in Missouri
- Flooding and storm rebuilding response in South Carolina
- CDS tornado response in Georgia
- CDS flooding response in Missouri
- Shalom Ministry (displaced families in the DR Congo)
- Disaster Recovery Support Initiative